Saturday, November 6, 2010

For Colored Girls Only



Last night, I reluctantly went to the movies to see Tyler Perry's: For Colored Girls Only. I say reluctantly because after a long week of work all I wanted to do on Friday night was come home and kick my feet up.



We arrived at the theater around 8:06pm only to learn that the 8:05pm, and 8:35pm were both sold out, so we hurried up and purchased tickets for the 9:55pm show. Since we had time to kill we walked across the street to a brewry and the rest is history:


I'm glad that I went to see the movie because overall, it was good, if you have the ability to analyze. The audience overall was definitely young, and laughed during parts I myself thought were sensitive. I interpreted the movie as being a partial sad truth, not just for black women but all women, often times we relinquish our personal power to the men in our lives, and we do so unknowingly, it isnt until a tragedy strikes that we recognize we have become powerless. I hope we as women begin to understand our personal power. I hope the movie does well. I hope.




Thus concluding my Friday night at 12:44am 6 NOV 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Thinking...outside the box...one follower at a time

Jill Scott and Ashley Stewart Create the Butterfly Bra

Full Figured Fashion Week 2010 NYC

Plus Size Fashion Week in Brazil: cross between Lane Bryant/Torrid