Friday, November 19, 2010

I Feel Sexy When...


I Feel Sexy When...
As a woman, does feeling sexy come naturally or does it take a certain perfume, shoe, garment, song, or even, the touch of a man? As a woman, what makes you feel sexy? I feel the sexiest when my confidence is high. Having a high self-esteem is partly due to the way I take care of my physical appearance. I love waking up and starting my day off by looking in the mirror and not focusing on my flaws. Instead I stare back at the beautiful reflection in the mirror and relish in my sweet smile, my brown sugar skin tone, my luscious lips, and my honest eyes
My ultimate sexiness is my femininity. When I dab the lip gloss on my bottom lip, spray perfume on my neck, slide into my form fitting dress, put my stockings on, slip my foot in my stiletto, and take one final look in the mirror and casually walk away with a bit of extra movement in my hips.
It’s so interesting how something as simple as an article of clothing can alter the way you feel about yourself. Last month I had the pleasure of meeting Tammy Freeman, Founder of Dangerous Curves Ahead, a traveling boutique that specializes in lingerie for full-figured and curvy women. I was not only impressed with how welcoming and positive Tammy was but also by the wide variety of products. I immediately wanted to know more and asked Tammy four questions that stemmed from my curiosity:
                                          Right: Tammy Freeman, Found of Dangerous Curves ahead (The purple t-shirt was in support of Wear Purple Day, an effort to raise awareness of domestic violence and LGBT teen bullying (for more information, here is a good link: http://www.itgetsbetter.org/).                      

Why Dangerous Curves Ahead?
Real size women are dramatically underrepresented when it comes to lingerie. Dangerous Curves Ahead caters to women size 10 to 26; we know that sexy is not defined by your size but by confidence, attitude and most importantly how you feel about yourself. At our recent fashion show, we had models sizes 10 through 26 work the runway; they were confident and comfortable in their own skin!  As Sophia Loren once said "Sex appeal is fifty percent what you've got and fifty percent what people think you've got.







How long has DCA been in operation?
I started Dangerous Curves Ahead in late 2009 mainly with corsets. As demand increased I expanded to other types of lingerie.

What do you hope to accomplish with DCA?
An awakening! Too many women are defining themselves by what other people think of them, and that's a shame.  Women are comparing themselves with the models on the covers of magazines, which is unrealistic. The models don't even look like the models! So it's time for women to take the blindfolds off and begin to love themselves exactly how they are.  Too many full figured beautiful divas are walking around with their heads down because someone somewhere told them they weren't beautiful, sexy, or good enough because of their size.  There's nothing more powerful than a curvy diva that accepts and owns her body.  Dangerous Curves Ahead lingerie offers many different styles and sizes, so there is something for every woman that will add to her self-confidence and inner-sexiness. 
Any advice for plus size women that may be too afraid to step outside of the box and show their feminine/sexy side?Don't be afraid to be sexy! Just work it!   Sexy isn't about sex...it's about confidence, attitude and self-esteem.  Don't ever be ashamed of feeling and being your best, it’s time to self-actualize.  Whether you have a partner or not, buy a piece of lingerie that makes you feel sexy and confident.  Wear a thong to work or to the grocery (under your clothes of course!).  Take a pole dancing or erotic fitness class; if you don't want to do it in front of a group, Dangerous Curves Ahead offers DVD's that you can watch at home.  Finally, stop spending so much time trying to play down the areas on your body which you don't like and focus on playing up the parts of your body that you love.


Tammy Freeman, Founder, Dangerous Curves Ahead
 
3 things every woman should own (and wear): One of the DCA expert consultants can help you find the perfect pieces.
1. Sexy panties: Whatever makes you feel sexy, our favs are ruffled boy-shorts and thongs
2. Chemise: They come in so many different styles that it’s hard not to find one that you will love
3. Lounge wear: Be sexy while just lounging around the house.  Find a piece that has material that feels good against your skin and hugs your curves in all the right spots!  We are excited about the Dangerous Curves Ahead Lounge wear line which rolls out in 2011!




Dangerous Curves Ahead, Contact Info.
Tammy Freeman, Founder, Dangerous Curves Ahead
Email: curves@dangerouscurvesaheadonline.com
Phone: 347. 76-CURVY

 

2 comments:

  1. That's not just feel, you looks really sexy and i believe when you match with the Women's leather tote handbags at http://www.cwmalls.com can be more sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will look like an ethereal creature that is standing in a pool of pink light and looking so lovely and sexy that to see you is to possess you. You would look like a hot diva that has been sent to this planet to take away the miseries of the man. No man will ever dream about anyone else once he sees you in this wonderful attire. You will be forever his one and true love. https://zlovedoll.com/

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Thinking...outside the box...one follower at a time

Jill Scott and Ashley Stewart Create the Butterfly Bra

Full Figured Fashion Week 2010 NYC

Plus Size Fashion Week in Brazil: cross between Lane Bryant/Torrid