Saturday, November 13, 2010

Today I Fell In Love






Today was supposed to be a Saturday filled with Law and Order, HBO, and Encore. Fortunately enough for me I know in advance that television Saturday's never work out as planned. I got online and viewed Monif C.'s holiday collection and after seeing the beautiful "Alexandra Draped Goddess dress" as seen above, my Saturday was planned. I tried to get offline to take my mind off the dress but it did not work.

I knew that Ida's Ideas, a boutique located in Washington DC's China Town is the only carrier of Monif C' line in my area. I had been putting off visiting simply because I did not want to be bothered with traffic. As luck would have it, after seeing this dress I had no choice, I went to DC in search of this dress. If nothing more I had to try it on. I desperately wanted to see how the material would hug my body. It's one thing to see it on the pear shaped Fluvia(the shapely model featured above) and another to see it on my apple shaped body.

As luck would have it I got to meet the wonderful Ida of Ida's Ideas. She could not have been a better host. Her boutique is amazing! I could not stop touching the various textured fabrics, and looking at the bright colors, and the shapely dresses, and pants. I discovered plus size designers I had never heard of. While Ida's boutique was very crowded she managed to spread her attention evenly amongst the various customers. She made me feel like I knew her all my life and she's a fellow New Yorker (not that, that had anything to do with it...lol). She not only promised to order pieces from Monif C's holiday collection but she said she would try and hold a trunk show with Monif C, and then took my personal information.

Amazing customer service with an absolutely BEAUTIFUL store. Today I not only fell in love with Monif C's Gold Alexandra Draped Goddess dress but I also fell in love with Idea of Ida's Ideas.

Stay tuned for updates on the dress and trunk show.
http://www.idasidea.com/Designer_Line.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Thinking...outside the box...one follower at a time

Jill Scott and Ashley Stewart Create the Butterfly Bra

Full Figured Fashion Week 2010 NYC

Plus Size Fashion Week in Brazil: cross between Lane Bryant/Torrid