Thursday, November 18, 2010

Black Friday EXTRAVAGANZAS!!!!!


Are you ready? I guess a better question would be: Am I ready? Black Friday is quickly approaching and for those budget fatshionista's like myself it's time to lace up the tennis shoes, or in my case...re-boot the computer and triple check my Internet connection. This Black Friday will be celebrated in the same fashion as last year's, in the comfort of my own home, in front of my computer,saving money, all while pushing a single button.

FIVE THINGS TO REMEMBER
While the idea of saving money is always nice it is important to remember there is life after Black Friday and Cyber Monday, especially since December 1st is right around the corner.
1. Pay Your Bills: Black Friday is November 26 and Cyber Monday is November 29..This gives you 5 days before December 1st...Please pay your rent/mortgage, light bill, and water bill.
2. BUDGET: Give yourself a reasonable dollar amount, one that will not break the bank.
3. Create A Wish List: A list will help you separate your wants/needs, while setting realistic goals.
4. Market Research: Use the Internet, TV ad's, newspaper ads, in-store ad's, to determine who is offering what you are looking for at a lower price. There are many Black Friday and Cyber Monday websites available for this very purpose. Also look for coupons that offer a percentage off or free shipping.
5. Needs Vs. Wants: Determine if you really need the item, if not, wait, and continue to look for it at a lower price.

I have already began researching items from my wish list:
Skirt (no particular style/cut, just whatever I like)
Dress (preferably wrap or anything colorful that I can jazz up w/accessories)
Knee High boots w/a buckle(color: Black, Brown, Grey)
Scarf (long, colorful)
Stone Wash Skinny Jeans

My budget for this wish list is approximately $60.00. While I predict that the boots will cost the most,each item is not a must have but simply a want/desire.

My Black Friday WEBSITES: OLD NAVY, ASOS, Avenue, Belk, Faith 21, DSW, OneStopPlus, Ashley Stewart, and Zappos.

Last year I purchased:
1 pair of distressed jeans, Old Navy $15.00
1 black wrap sweater, Old Navy $15.00
1 pair of Black Knee High Boots, OneStopPlus, $50.00 (Free Shipping)

1 comment:

  1. If you can have a great luck and even here is the black friday it can also very great! try the best Ladies black leather Platform Shoes with the nice Black Wedge Open Toe Shoes at cwmalls.com with you!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Thinking...outside the box...one follower at a time

Jill Scott and Ashley Stewart Create the Butterfly Bra

Full Figured Fashion Week 2010 NYC

Plus Size Fashion Week in Brazil: cross between Lane Bryant/Torrid