Thursday, August 19, 2010

Curvy Girl's Guide to Shapewear


**Cupidintimates.com** use the website as a guide to the various types of shapewear and then go rummaging!

Last night I was asked a fabulous question "How does one hide their muffin top?" and this lead me to post a few tips. Now back when I was a stubborn teenager I would have suggested pulling your pants up over your stomach (yeah I used to do that) but...seriously who wants to do that? It's unflattering, uncomfortable, and draws more attention to the muffin top because the "forced" high waisted pant is literally dividing your stomach into two sections.

If you are like me, a woman with a whole lotta stomach then you are in luck. Shapewear is the perfect solution to taming the tummy and masking the muffin top. Some think that the best shape wear will also be the most expensive but I disagree. Please note that the best stores to buy shapewear at a discounted rate require a bit of work. Why? Because you will need to rummage through the intimates department. Keep in mind it's good to have a variety of different styled undergarments. I personally have 2 tummy controlled briefs purchased at Walmart for $10.00 (Cupid Intimates) in addition to a Cami, Body Brief(Burlington Coat Factory $13.00), and high waisted thigh slimmer (perfect for skirts and dresses). If you go to the website the price is doubled so be smart in how you shop.

Ashleystewart.com
Extra Thought: If you also have that annoying fat on your back that has a tendency to ruin a good outfit due to the extra attention to the bulges look into Jill Scott's Butterfly Bra. It offers great support for "the girls" in the front and back of you! I honestly got annoyed ever time I would put a nice top on and see all of the back fat just hanging out. I bought two Butterfly Bra's and fell in love for a third time in my life. It smoothed my back out and gave my breasts a nice rounded perkiness. The cost was $40.00 two years ago when it first came out but it now runs for $24.00 at Ashleystewart.com.

Recommendations: Burlington Coat Factory, Ross, Conway, AJ Wright, and Marshalls. Each offers the same shape wear you would buy online at an affordable price.

2 comments:

  1. I have the Butterfly Bra and i did get it from Ashley Stewart. I love it!!! I have two..the six way and regular bra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the butterfly Bra from Ashley Steward as well,love love love how it looks, but I cannot wear it for an extended period of time, its harsh.

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Thinking...outside the box...one follower at a time

Jill Scott and Ashley Stewart Create the Butterfly Bra

Full Figured Fashion Week 2010 NYC

Plus Size Fashion Week in Brazil: cross between Lane Bryant/Torrid