Thursday, March 28, 2013

Shopping without a dressing room, again !?!?!



  Where the hell is the dressing room!?!?  If this question sounds  all too familiar that means you my dear frirend were shopping in a "hot spot". The safest thing to do at this point is to know before you go, this way you can prepare properly. "Hot spots" as I call them, are stores that offer amazing deals on trendy clothing and accessories. Please understand, these stores are not located in the best neighborhoods, but don't worry, if you "ain't neva scared" then your good to go!


One of the biggest problems with many of these "forever shall remain nameless" stores is that...there is no damn dressing room, the quality of the goods is not always up to par, and the return policy is usually in store credit. This means you have to rummage through the racks to make sure you are getting your dollar's worth. This means that although there is no dressing room you better try that dress on over your shirt to make sure it at least fits.

I know, I know, what's a big girl to do? Well, if I'm making the 40+ minute drive to Baltimore to shop at these hot spots then I'm going in deep.  Sometimes a woman has to do what a woman has to do, and in this case this woman had to try the clothes on top of her clothes (yes, I'm speaking in 3rd person), luckily I wore jeggings that day. My shear shirt also had a tank top under it so this girl was good to go! Know before you go!

While the pics are self explanatory, I still feel the need to emphasize how important it is to try clothing on in "hot spot" stores because the sizes are usually going to be off, and let's keep it real, when shopping at a discount store you may even end up with a pant leg being sewn where the arm should be. I had to try the denim, harem, shorts, pants, (whatever one wants to call them) on in three different sizes before I found a size that fit the way I wanted it to (outfit blog coming soon). 

  Oh, and while these pics are based on an impromptu Baltimore shopping trip (no girddle, yikes!), make the best of the experience. If you can't laugh while spending a dollar that means shouldn't be spending a dollar...I'm just sayin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Thinking...outside the box...one follower at a time

Jill Scott and Ashley Stewart Create the Butterfly Bra

Full Figured Fashion Week 2010 NYC

Plus Size Fashion Week in Brazil: cross between Lane Bryant/Torrid